Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Below the Surface

A friend sent this my way.  Many thanks.  It set me to writing once again...
I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway
I am not your carpet ride
I am the sky
I am not your blowing wind
I am the lightning
I am not your autumn moon
I am the night, the night...
- Audioslave - I am the Highway
************

I fly higher.
Yet the inevitable crash is vicious.
I dive deeper.
And drown in the murky depths.

I burn brighter.
Like a falling star doomed to crumble.
I grow colder.
Than an Arctic winter's dawn.

No middle ground.
I am destine to the long, dark road.

I live.
I breathe.
I feel.
I love.

I run until I stumble.
I dance until I collapse.
And take merciless blows,
That never quite seem to heal.

I give.
Until I'm starving.
I laugh and weep.
Until I ache.

My passion runs hot and rampant.
Never content with the safety of the center.

I am your sweetest wet dream.
I am your living nightmare.
I am the brightest dawn.
I am the darkest of night.

Strong.
Yet damaged beyond repair.
Peace.
Within a vortex of chaos.

I desire kindness and patience.
Comfort and protection.
Not careless disregard.
Nor foolish games.

I seek a foundation.
To take root and blossom.
Not shifting sands.
And razor shards.

I seek no drama.
But I'll stand and fight.
Until that which I cherish.
Leaves my side.

Survive the day.
Withstand the crashing tide.
Brutal honesty.
Amid blatant lies.

I lick my wounds in the shadows.
And stand proud and distant come the morn.
~The Sole Lioness

BTW...be brave.  Say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment