Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Enraged White Woman Who Loves Her Strong Intelligent Black Man

M's most recent post got me started...

Tell me please...how the FUCK do the leaders and citizens of this country constantly do NOTHING in the face of the continual proof that there is a fucking target on the back of people of color in the home of the brave and land of the free?!?

Renisha McBride - 19
Johnathan Ferrell - 24
Trayvon Martin - 17

All unarmed.
All dead.
For no other reason than they weren't white and were in the wrong neighborhoods at the wrong time.

REALLY?!?  Has this country learned nothing in the last 50 years?  What the fuck are you white men so fucking afraid of???  Please...explain it!  Face it.  Own it.  Admit it!  Look in the mirror and say, "I'm a coward and afraid of Black men and woman for no reason then the color of their skin and am therefore a stupid, racist fuckhead."  Every senseless inexcusable death of a Black Man or woman is another vicious lash across the backs of a community simply still trying to survive in the brutal and inhospitable land of America the beautiful.

I am a white woman, without question I love my strong, intelligent, beautiful Black Man, and I am unapologetically enraged.  He is my sun and moon, my center in a world falling in on itself.  He has never been to prison.  He doesn't even have a fucking traffic ticket.  He is the best damn Man I know!  Yet, I understand that an unacceptable percentage of this country's people, see his mere presence as some kind of unarticulatable threat.  I know without a doubt that every time he steps his foot outside of his front door that He is at risk from trigger happy police, racist pigs, and now fools raising their "Stand Your Ground" flag.

Why as a nation aren't we disgusted and enraged at these stories?  Why isn't there a National War on Racism?  Why isn't someFUCKINGthing being done by our leaders, our communities, and ourselves to make things right?

Because everyday, this woman fears for her Man and is grateful when he returns home safe.  Every day it seems, I am saddened by another soul lost to a system and society that turns it's back on those  continued to be victimized.  Every day, I wonder if there is still even a flicker of hope for this country.
~DominaKat

No comments:

Post a Comment