Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Storm's Demand

For Maximus, thank you for understanding when no one else really can.  ~kiss~

The storm rages above dark and heavy handed.
The thunder booms shaking the soul.
The lightening cackles and pierces the heart.
My tears are lost, drown in the cold, wrenching downpour.

No safety.
No protection.
No shelter.
From the storm.

I'm left at it's mercy.
Attempting to stand tall in its fury.
Yet bending at the howling winds.
And the bone deep chill that creeps over me.

Numb to all that I am.
Crippled and unable to fight against the onslaught.
I watch the pieces I built crumble to rubble.
Helpless to change the course.

I prepared as best I could.
I knew in the end I'd have no help.
Others shrug carelessly.
Do nothing to save the bit beauty that was.

I no longer fight.
I give in.
To the cold.
To the the storm's destruction.

I accept what I cannot save alone.
I close my eyes.
Raise my hands to the sky.
And let the storm take what it demands.
~A Lioness Weathering the Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment