Friday, February 3, 2012

Sweep the Dust Away

I suppose I shouldn't have expected any different.  After all, it was all so easy to jeopardize in the first place, why would any bits remain?  All erased with the click of a mouse.  I had already done the same physically.  How could I not, once I realized that it had never meant anything to him?  How could I treasure even a splinter of momentos when all I had been led to believe turned out to be just another petty game on the long, long list.  I suppose that was his slap back.  I've been conveniently erased.

Respecting that wish, today I've swept away a majority of the dust that was left behind.  However, hidden in the shadowy corners there are some pieces I claim as my own and refuse to destroy over something that no longer is relevant.  Is there a thread of dust leading back?  Yes, but the core of those crumbs are a piece of me and so much more valuable than the tiny thread that is impossible to cut.

I accept that,

My words are and will always be my own.  They are my strength.  They are my weakness.  As someone so recently pointed out...they are where I lay my soul bare.
~Domina

No comments:

Post a Comment