Wednesday, May 15, 2013

When I Knew...

The moment when I knew really knew I was all in...

It was a very warm day last Memorial Day weekend, and M and I were walking through Washington Square Park.  The kids were playing in the fountain.  A huge grin immediately broke across my face, and I asked M if I could play too.  After much teasing and banter, He indulged me.  I slipped off my sandals and climbed over the rim as He sat down to watch.  I walked out a few feet.  The water lapping at my soles, then my ankles, then my calves.  I giggled with delight at the fountain's geyser as "rain drops" peppered my warm flesh.

I remember my smile.

I remember my sheer joy.

I remember turning around to see His head cocked just so, looking so dapper and composed.

And right then I knew without any doubt...I was deeply in love with this Man.

I've never played with a lover.  The silly, sweet, goofy girl in me has rarely seen the light of day and never with a romantic interest.  That so quickly the child in me would not just poke her head out of her room but run laughing out into the light of day without thought or hesitation told me how incredible our connection was.

She'd never felt so safe.  She'd never felt so loved or cherished.  She'd never been free.

That little girl realized in a heartbeat what the rest of me hadn't yet understood.  I'd already given my heart completely to M.

~sigh~

I love that Man somethin' fierce.
~DominaKat

No comments:

Post a Comment