Monday, March 19, 2012

Choices

Part of me accepts that I no longer have a choice.  DNA?  Instinct?  I don't know.  I simply know, I am meant for this.  I was destined to find myself here.  So safe and comforting, it feels like a warm, soft blanket on a chilly night.  So refreshing, it's like a cool rain on a hot summer day.

However, regardless of what exists at the core of me, I know that this is my choice.  I'm not helpless.  I'm not a lamb.  I'm not a fool.  (Well...at least not often.)  Somewhere, I'm not sure when or where, I was at crossroads.  I chose the path that intrigued me, enticed me, and seduced me.  It's the tougher road.  The more exciting of the two.  The one that could hurt me.  Deeply.  But I couldn't choose the safe, easy way.  It's not in me to turn away from the challenge and thrill that could be if the road leads where I hope it might.  Now that my path is chosen, I decide whether to move forward, whether this is where I want to be, and how much of myself to give.  Every moment, every step I take, is a choice.

I simply keep giving my choice to him.

I trust him to take us where we should go.  I've put my hand in his.  He is careful with me.  He is deliberate.  He hasn't let me stumble yet, not even a hair, and my faith in him grows stronger every hour.  Where he leads, I choose to follow.
~Kat

2 comments: