Thursday, January 3, 2013

RANT: Adults ONLY Please

Okay...I'm going to temper this by saying I'm cutting back on smoking on my way to quitting (fuck...I finally put that in print.  Ehhhhh...), so some of my iri-fucking-tation may be contributed to that.

If you can't BE an adult, if you can't ACT like an adult, log the fuck off and go back to Facebook.  Please.  Leave the rest of us in fucking peace to enjoy our kink.

In the last couple of months, I've gotten so burnt the fuck out on Fet that I can barely summons the motivation to type a damn simple sentence.  Yes...there are still a handful of fun, interesting people that I enjoy, but for the most part I am starving for adult interaction on a site supposably filled with consenting fun adults.

1.  High school drama.  Omfg...are you people for REAL?!?  The clicks.  The bullying.  The taking sides.  The picking on people for being ~gasp~ different then you.  The stalking.  The The hoity-toity "I'm better than you" attitudes.  I have gotten headaches more times than I can count from rolling my eyes over the last few months.

2.  EVER HEARD OF DECORUM or CLASS?!?  Yes...relationships exist on Fet.  But here is a small, tiny hint...your relationship chaos does NOT have to feed into the forums.  If you must...go write a note or post to your status.  But spewing blatant "isn't this fucked up" questions/hints/rants on group forums is fucking pathetic.  If your relationship hasn't exploded already, trust me it will.  Any sub publicly making an ass of her "Dom" tells every fucking one several things.
A.  You have no clue how to be a submissive and any Dom should RUN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE from your juvenile ass.
B.  You have no respect for yourself or the Dom
C.  The Dom has no fucking control over the situation and needs to drop you like a red hot branding iron.
If you consider yourself a "Dom" and do this kind of shit... maybe you should look up rule number 1 in just about every Dom description out there.  "Master yourself first."

3.  Not EVERY post has to be a fucking public service announcement about your kink in a group that is not specifically about said kink.  Shut the fuck up already!  Everyone gets it.  YOU are the poster fucking child for x and y and how dare anyone not think the world of your x and y.  Whatthefuckever.  If a group is NOT specifically about x and y, limit your threads to maybe three or four in a months time, not 15!  Don't you get TIRED?!?  Because the rest of us sure the fuck do

4.  If you are shocked and appalled by something don't fucking look at it!  If it breaks TOU of Fet report it.  But making it some hot topic quite frankly feeds the "attention seeking" extremists more than it does your point.  Trust me...anyone that has been on the site for more than a day realizes this place is at times crazy.  If you do any poking around, yep...you will absolutely find some dark, creepy corners that may traumatize you.  It is part of the learning curve of Fet that we have all gone through at one point.  Follow the basic "scary movie" rules...trust your gut.  If it starts to feel icky...turn the fuck around.  Your experience will be all the better for it.  Don't like gang-bangs? Don't follow the breadcrumbs.  Don't like piss play?  Don't click on that group.  Don't like arm pit licking...don't perv the arm pit lickers entire photo bonanza.  Enjoy your visit.  Don't torture yourself.

5.  Take a deep breath and just calm the fuck down.  You may be Lord of whatever, but trust me buddy I haven't caught you on CNN recently running your own country or religion.  So what if so and so did X, Y, or Z...you don't need to post to your status, blog, write up 3 forum threads, change every single one of your privacy settings, have a fight with your SO, and find 20 new saying pics to add to your profile.  Log off...go read a book, take a bath, work out, take a walk, tell someone you love them.  Real life is those you have met and touched and loved and laughed with.  Fet is simply a virtual playground.  If you're not having fun...take a break.  Trust me....you'll be better for it.

6.  Respect.  Is it really that fucking hard to show a little respect to one another?

Yes...I realize I absolutely need to take my own advice on 4 to avoid the drama and 5 to calm down and take a break when it becomes unfun.  But at least I feel fucking better after venting, and this is my blog post.  You volunteered to read my rambling.  It wasn't shoved in your inbox screaming look at me!

Now...I'm going to go stretch with some yoga and music.  Then take a shower.  Read a little, and talk to my so sane and calm Daddy before I go to bed.  All of that plus a few days away from the circus should put me in a better frame of mind.
~DominaKat

No comments:

Post a Comment